4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2016 10:51 AM by valdereth RSS

NCM (NWT) update from 2.0.7 to 2.3 onna 2012 R2 Hyper-V cluster question

LT IT Wayfarer
    Visibility: Open to anyone

we have two clusters and two sans (for the corporate: 3x GUI'd Windows Server 2012 R2 running Hyper-V and for the lab: 2x Core'd Hyper-V Server 2012 R2) each running 2.0.7.10, we just upgraded the nimbleOSs from respectively 2.1 and 2.2 to now both being 2.3.16.0-364135-opt & want to also upgrade the Nimble Connection Manager sw on the hosts (the Nimble Connection Manager will be installed from within the Nimble Windows Toolkit download yes? latest online i saw was Setup-NimbleNWT-x64.2.3.2.287.zip)

from what i could gather, going from 2.0 to 2.3 will require a uninstall / reboot / install / reboot of the hosts (please correct me if i'm wrong)

also, since this is the 1st time upgrading the NCM, am curious on how the hosts will see the existing connections that are connected to the cluster during and after the update, will new connections need to be made, will windows the windows hyper-v hosts see the same drives (almost all are CSVs, but two are pass-thru disks for DFS'd file servers)

if need be we can do this during a planned patch / reboot window for the servers

thanks in advance