Best practice is to only assign private IP addresses for management ports. Private addresses are non-routable on the internet so there is no chance of exposing the array to the internet.
Private IP addresses are defined as any IP address in the following ranges:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
Nimble Arrays should use private IP addresses whenever possible. Also, the Nimble Array must be behind a firewall that is properly configured and conforms to your security policy.
If the array is protected by a properly configured firewall and uou no longer wish to receive the warning, you may disable it on the InfoSight Portal.
Under the Wellness tab:
- Click the "Configure Wellness Rules" button
- To disable case creation and notification for all arrays, uncheck the "Create Issue?" checkbox next to the rule named "Exposed Management IP Address"
- To disable case creation and notification for a specific array:
* Expand the "Exposed Management IP Address" rule by selecting the "+" sign next to the rule name
* Uncheck the "Create Issue?" checkbox next to a specific serial number.
See the attached screenshot.
WellnessRules.png 122.0 K