1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 25, 2016 3:12 PM by Pete Linthicum RSS

Infosight shows Exposed Management IP Address.  How do I resolve?

Bryan Lazarson Newbie

Infosight shows Exposed Management IP Address.  Category is "Urgent".  How do I resolve the issue?

Thank you.

• Re: Infosight shows Exposed Management IP Address.  How do I resolve?
          Pete Linthicum Newbie

Bryan,

Best practice is to only assign private IP addresses for management ports. Private addresses are non-routable on the internet so there is no chance of exposing the array to the internet.

Private IP addresses are defined as any IP address in the following ranges:

10.0.0.0  - 10.255.255.255

172.16.0.0  -  172.31.255.255

192.168.0.0  -  192.168.255.255

Nimble Arrays should use private IP addresses whenever possible. Also, the Nimble Array must be behind a firewall that is properly configured and conforms to your security policy.

If the array is protected by a properly configured firewall and uou no longer wish to receive the warning, you may disable it on the InfoSight Portal. 

Under the Wellness tab:

- Click the "Configure Wellness Rules" button

- To disable case creation and notification for all arrays, uncheck the "Create Issue?" checkbox next to the rule named "Exposed Management IP Address"

- To disable case creation and notification for a specific array:

* Expand the "Exposed Management IP Address" rule by selecting the "+" sign next to the rule name

* Uncheck the "Create Issue?" checkbox next to a specific serial number.

See the attached screenshot.