As a part of the Veeam Vanguard program, I have been given access to the beta version of Veeam 9.5. And in this blog post I will cover some of the integration components between Nimble Storage and Veeam, announced by Veeam back in April. If you have been following the Veeam forums, then you’ll know that there is a very active post where the forum users are all pitching in which storage vendor they think should be next to get integration.
Note: This blog post content is created from a beta version of Veeam 9.5, any features, dialog boxes, names and such are subject to change before the final public release.
What I’ll be covering in these series of blog posts;
- So what does the integration give us?
- The test environment
- Adding the Nimble Storage Array into Veeam
- Nimble Audit Logs
- Now we’ve added the Nimble Storage array
- What can we do with Snapshots?
- Controlling Nimble Storage snapshots and restoring files from the Veeam console
- Backing up a Virtual Machine from a Nimble Snapshot
- Backing up a Virtual machine to a Nimble Snapshot
- Replicating a Virtual Machine from a Nimble Snapshot
- SureBackup from Nimble Snapshots