4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2015 1:55 AM by Phil Davies RSS

PowerShell Module Questions

Kelley Underwood Newbie

Justin Rich, I suspect I've missed something in the install. After connecting to an array I can enter the Get-NSVolume command and have a list of all my volumes returned. However, if I enter Get-NSInitiatorGroup I get an error like this. Is there something else I must do to have access to all the commands?

PS C:\Users\administrator.HCCANET> Get-NSInitiatorGroup

Get-NSInitiatorGroup : Unable to find type [VolAclRec]. Make sure that the assembly that contains this type is loaded.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-NSInitiatorGroup

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (VolAclRec:TypeName) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TypeNotFound

• Re: PowerShell Module Questions
          Julian Cates Adventurer

Hi Kelley,

While I can't answer your specific question about the community created PowerShell module, I wanted to offer an alternative so that at a minimum you have a programmatic way to get the information you need through PowerShell.

As of Nimble OS 2.3, we've implemented support for REST APIs.  This works really well with PowerShell!  Check out the attached script, where you'll find a function written to return the initiator groups from a given nimble array.  The script has a couple of functions defined, with example usage at the end of the script.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Julian