7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2015 8:05 AM by Narayan Kumar RSS

vCenter 6.0 VASA for vvols

Jason Brandt Newbie

With the release of vSphere and vCenter 6.0, when will the VASA provider be available for integration with Nimble?

• Re: vCenter 6.0 VASA for vvols
          Scout

Hi Jason, we do have plan to support VVOLs -- please get in touch with your account team to get details.

What is your plan to upgrade to vSphere 6?

Thanks!

-wen

Mark Edwards Newbie

I recently logged a call with support a similar question, although related to vvols (but that maybe what you were specifically interested in)

The response was "Vvol support is targeted for version 2.3 of the Nimble firmware, which will be available this summer."

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

Nick Dyer Navigator

Just to clarify, VVOL "Tech Preview" Support will be included as part of 2.3 of NimbleOS.

Again, please reach out to your account team to get some more details on this.

We'll also be blogging the upcoming 2.3 features in a few weeks time...

Jason Brandt Newbie

Thank you, I figured it would be a few months, was just curious if there was more of a set timeframe.

We do not plan to upgrade our primary VMware environment for a few months, however I have a secondary VMWare environment which I was hoping to use to test VVOLs in preparation for the upgrade.

Nathan Ulph Newbie

Hi Nick,

Can you clarify what "Tech Preview" means please.

Thanks

Nick Dyer Navigator

Hello Nathan,

Tech Preview is a new terminology - and we give it to features or functionality that we wish to expose to end users in a test/dev environment only for kicking the tyres. Our VVOL implementation in 2.3 is designed to allow customers access to try out VVOL in a test environment, but it is not supported to implement it into production just yet. We don't foresee many customers jumping in head first with VVOLs today due to there being so many caveats to them right now, so Tech Preview is a good place for customers to build a small vSphere 6 cluster to try it out.

Hope this helps.

Narayan Kumar Newbie

Nick Dyer: Thanks for the explanation on Tech Preview!

@Nathan: If you are interested in the Tech preview program please contact your Nimble Account team and we can get you started if you are interested.

Thanks!

Narayan Kumar

Sr. Product Manager - VMware Integrations.