AnsweredAssumed Answered

Powershell - New-NSVolume does not work

Question asked by Krisztian Kenderesi on Mar 7, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 by Terry Zolinski

Hi All,

We have recently purchased Nimble and so far we are very happy with it. I was very happy when saw that there is a Powershell Module available so thank you for the great job to the community! I thought I am using powershell for setup the volumes but does not matter how and what I do the New-NSVolume always drops an error. Does not matter I just run the New-NSVolume cmdlet and add the attrbutes manually or just copy and paste the example command as is (New-NSVolume -Name testvol -Size 1tb -Description "powershell test" -PerformancePolicy default) I always get this error

> New-NSVolume -Name testvol -Size 10gb -Description "powershell test" -PerformancePolicy default

New-NSVolume : Error Creating volume testvol! code: SMeinval

At line:1 char:1

+ New-NSVolume -Name testvol -Size 10gb -Description "powershell test" -Performanc ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,New-NSVolume

and Nimble syslog drops this:

ErrorDR2-ARRAY01-A NMBL: Failed to create volume . Invalid argument

but does not tell unfortunately which argument is invalid.

My nimble is running on 2.2.5.0-197583-opt software and I have tried this on win8.1 powershell 3.0 as well as on a Win 2012 R2 server as well with the Nimble Powershell module version 1.1.20140407.1024.

Do I something wrong or could be a change in the Nimble software? I hope you can help me.

Many thanks

Krisz

Outcomes