7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 9:31 AM by Scott Rich RSS

Auto Login Nimble GUI

mfoster Newbie

Is there a way to pass the password in the URL to auto login to the nimble gui for a display screen?

(understand the security risk around the password being plain text in the url etc)

• Re: Auto Login Nimble GUI
          Justin Rich Adventurer

there doesnt seem to be an easy way... they've got a lot of spiffy javascript going on that will make it pretty tricky...

why are you looking to auto login?

Adam Herbert Adventurer

Under the administration menu you could up the inactivity timeout. Then once a session is created and the cookie stored you could load the UI without a subsequent login. The default is 30 minutes of inactivity.

mfoster Newbie

Yeah we know we can just keep it open but when you have a rotation of 6 or so screens with different monitoring tools you want them all to automatically log in each day rather than log them all in on a morning...id prefer to be in the queue for my bacon sarnie than logging in screens on a morning

Justin Rich Adventurer

im sure it could be done, but you'd have to sort through the javascript to get IDs on the box/button to automate it..  there are probably some tools out there that would do it. there is a powershell module WASP designed for automation of things like this.. and i know Visual Studio has some built in tools for creating unit tests that would do it... i have to imagine there are some other more generic options out there

Scott Rich Newbie

>> Is there a way to pass the password in the URL to auto login to the nimble gui for a display screen?

No.

There are tools like Selenium that we use for GUI testing that can automate user actions such as entering the password and clicking the login button.