IT Industry News
- Storage Review reported that Quantum Corp. announced a major update of its StorNext file system that adds new advanced data management features aimed at increasing performance and easing management.
- InsideBIGDATA reported that Dataguise announced that DgSecure Detect now integrates with Google Cloud Storage to provide precise sensitive data detection across the enterprise, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- SearchDataBackup posted a Q&A with Rubrik Cloud Data Management’s CEO, Bipul Sinha, on why cloud and virtualization were key pieces of his company's converged data protection platform from the start.
- Tech Guru Daily covered a recent report from Future Market Insights on the state of the global converged infrastructure market. The report found that major drivers for converged infrastructure include increased demand for enhancing IT operational efficiency, improving data protection, and reducing IT cost.
- Data Center Knowledge wrote an article about The New York Times’ plans to migrate most workloads to Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services in the near future.
- TechCrunch covered cloud storage startup Backblaze, which is launching a new round of price cuts aimed at further undercutting the price points of AWS, Google and Microsoft. VentureBeat also covered the news.
- ComputerWeekly reported that storage specialist StorageOS gained Docker certification and is now available on the Docker marketplace.
- ZDNet discussed Docker’s new turnkey program designed to help enterprises modernize their legacy applications.
- Forbes published an interview with Swiss Re’s CIO around the company’s digital transformation, cutting across all aspects of its business, including its employees, its IT environment and most importantly, how it serves its insurance clients.
- The VAR Guy published an interview with Pitney Bowe around growing pains the company has experienced undergoing digital transformation.
- Enterprise Storage Forum reported that Quantum unveiled StorNext 6, which offers new features for teams that may be working across different time zones and new ways to interact with their data. ComputerWeekly also reported this news.
- TechTarget wrote that Virtual Instruments updated its Load DynamiX 5 software to help customers better model, analyze and validate NFS-based NAS and block-based flash storage workloads.
- ZDNet reported that Docker released LinuxKit, a new toolkit for building secure, portable and lean operating systems for containers.
Nimble Storage News
- Nimble Storage posted a blog by Jeff Martin on how the Nimble Storage Docker Volume Plugin brings data portability to Windows Containers.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that it has completed the acquisition of Nimble Storage.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise issued a blog post from Antonio Neri, Executive Vice President and General Manager of HPE’s Enterprise Group, about how the Nimble acquisition will allow the company to deliver the industry’s leading flash storage and predictive analytics portfolio.
- Nerdio, a pioneer in IT-as-a-Service technology, today announced a partnership with Nimble Storage.