Nimble Storage congratulates Veeam on the General Availability of the Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 today! Nimble and Veeam have over a thousand shared customers using the Nimble Storage Solution for Veeam Availability Suite. Veeam comprises our largest installed data protection solution, and with version 9.5, we expect this growth to accelerate.
Nimble – the New Gen Choice for v9.5
Through a number of enhancements, Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 delivers better performance, improved VM restore, and expanded scalability. The feature we really like is the integration with Nimble snapshots. The Veeam integration with Nimble makes us one of only four vendors with which Veeam has integrated, and the only ‘new gen’ storage player. It provides our shared data protection solution a unique competitive edge vs. other combinations of storage hardware and data availability software.
How the Integrated Solution Works
Here are key areas of integration between Nimble storage and the new Veeam v9.5 and related uses:
- Backup from Storage Snapshots – Veeam admins can now reduce the host system impact from backup activities by running scheduled backup jobs using the Nimble Storage array-based snapshots.
- Backup from Secondary array – Veeam admins can replicate snapshots of the data on the Primary and replicate them to a Secondary storage array, and then backup from the Secondary to further reduce the IO load on the Primary array
- Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots – “VESS” allows the recovery of individual items or entire VMs quickly and efficiently from Nimble snapshots and replicated copies
- On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots – Veeam admins can now use storage snapshots on either primary or secondary storage systems to create complete isolated copies of the production environment in just a few clicks, for fast and easy Dev/Test or troubleshooting
Why You Should Care
This new version of Veeam along with Nimble Predictive Flash provides dramatically faster, more reliable data protection. At the time of the original announcement, Veeam wrote a blog about the new integration which still provides a great take on the shared value: https://www.veeam.com/blog/integration-nimble-storage-veeam-availability-suite.html
Here’s a quick list of key facts about the Nimble-Veeam solution:
- Enables Veeam instant VM recovery directly from the array snapshot
- High performance array provides the IOPS to constantly run backup verification
- More snapshots – 1,024 vs. 256 w/EMC & NetApp – for shorter backup windows, better RPOs
- Managing Nimble storage natively using Veeam improves operator efficiency
- Space-efficient protection is built into the Nimble Unified Flash Fabric
- All Flash to Adaptive Flash replication comes at 1/3rd the cost
- Nimble ‘Predictive Flash’ provides proactive monitoring with InfoSight
- InfoSight resolves 9 out of 10 infrastructure issues
Where to go for more Information
Checkout the Nimble Data Protection Solution page to learn more about how Nimble Storage delivers the benefits of primary storage, backup, and disaster recovery and how we extend these benefits through valuable third party alliances like this one with Veeam.